Flight Service Station (FSS) – Air traffic facilities which provide pilot briefing, enroute communications and VFR search and rescue services, assist lost aircraft and aircraft in emergency situations, relay ATC clearances, originate Notices to Airmen, broadcast aviation weather and NAS information, receive and process IFR flight plans, and monitor NAVAIDs. In addition, at selected locations, FSSs provide Enroute Flight Advisory Service (Flight Watch), take weather observations, issue airport advisories, and advise Customs and Immigration of transborder flights.
- e6b Flight Computer
- Emergency Transponder Squawk Codes
- What Makes a Great Flight School?
- Required VFR Day and Night Instruments for Aircraft
- Private Pilot
- PIC? SIC? Dual? How to log flight time
- How to Read PIREPS (Pilot Reports)
- Buying a Cessna 172 (part 3 of 5)
- Is my aircraft airworthy?
- E6B Practice Questions