Flight Service Station (FSS) – Air traffic facilities which provide pilot briefing, enroute communications and VFR search and rescue services, assist lost aircraft and aircraft in emergency situations, relay ATC clearances, originate Notices to Airmen, broadcast aviation weather and NAS information, receive and process IFR flight plans, and monitor NAVAIDs. In addition, at selected locations, FSSs provide Enroute Flight Advisory Service (Flight Watch), take weather observations, issue airport advisories, and advise Customs and Immigration of transborder flights.
- Emergency Transponder Squawk Codes
- New Aviation Podcast Series
- Are You Above The FAA Average?
- 5 Things I Do BEYOND The Checklist
- Required VFR Day and Night Instruments for Aircraft
- Our EAA Airventure Oshkosh Schedule
- Private Pilot
- Private Pilot Webinars
- Buying a Cessna 172 (part 1 of 5)
- Buying a Cessna 172 (part 3 of 5)