A Power Off 180 is a commercial pilot flight maneuver. However that doesn’t mean that private pilot’s shouldn’t practice it. The purpose of a power off 180 is to learn how to land your aircraft on a specific point without the use of power. This helps students realize in emergency procedures what alternate landing areas are “makable” and which aren’t. Check out this video for a great way to practice power off 180’s.
- Required VFR Day and Night Instruments for Aircraft
- Emergency Transponder Squawk Codes
- Crosswind + Short Field Takeoff and Landing
- Private Pilot Steep Turns
- Turning Stalls
- Private Pilot
- Short Field Takeoff and Landing
- How to Read PIREPS (Pilot Reports)
- IFR Lost Comm Procedures
- Is my aircraft airworthy?