The power off 180 (Power off accuracy approach and landing) as the FAA calls it is a commercial pilot maneuver that works to teach pilots gliding accuracy and the power off characteristics of their aircraft. However it’s not just a maneuver for those pursuing a commercial pilot certificate . I encourage pilots of all skills levels to practice power off 180’s with their flight instructor.
- Required VFR Day and Night Instruments for Aircraft
- Emergency Transponder Squawk Codes
- Crosswind + Short Field Takeoff and Landing
- Private Pilot Steep Turns
- Turning Stalls
- Private Pilot
- Short Field Takeoff and Landing
- How to Read PIREPS (Pilot Reports)
- IFR Lost Comm Procedures
- Is my aircraft airworthy?