Transponder – An airborne transmitter that responds to ground-based interrogation signals to provide air traffic controllers with more accurate and reliable position information than would be possible with “passive” radar; may also provide air traffic control with an aircraft’s altitude.
- 5 Things I Do Before a Long VFR Cross Country
- Required VFR Day and Night Instruments for Aircraft
- Emergency Transponder Squawk Codes
- Soft Field Landing
- Private Pilot
- How to Read PIREPS (Pilot Reports)
- IFR Lost Comm Procedures
- Is my aircraft airworthy?
- PIC? SIC? Dual? How to log flight time
- Buying a Cessna 172 (part 3 of 5)